There has been a flurry of activity happening around the farm these past few days. The first day that DH was in the field chisel plowing, LB came running into the house and said, "MOM someone is plowing in our field, Can I go help PLEASE?" I couldn't help but start laughing. He has been waiting all winter to occupy the buddy seat in the tractor!!! These days equal early mornings and late nights. But farming is in DH's blood and he loves nothing else but to be out there on the land doing what he was meant to do.
Yesterday AB and KB were out helping Uncle Rob service some equipment and they were also helping DH spread manure. I wanted to open the windows to get some fresh air through the house but I did not dare yesterday! The waft of chicken manure came into the house everytime the back door opened. AB was so proud of himself when he got to "drive" the tractor on the manure spreader sitting between DH's legs. I have to laugh when DH has all three of them in the tractor when there is barely room for one but you would not know it from the wide eyed grins on their faces. They are so happy to be spending time and learning from their mentor.

No comments:
Post a Comment