Sunday, April 19, 2009

I am Thankful for...



I am so incredibly proud of AB. Today he received his First Communion and had to stand up in front of a packed chuch to do so! We were in about the fifth pew from the front reserved for us and all around us were the families with children receiving their First Communion. I am thankful that AB's best friend was there. It helped take a lot of the nervousness out of the whole church service!

He walked back to the back of the church to bring up the offering gifts I would have been nervous to do this but he and did it like had done it every Sunday. The preist called all the children to the front and even though his stomach was full of butterflies he held his head high and walked forward!

We have been teaching AB how to hold his hands and how to receive the communion with "Bacon Dipper" crackers--somehow the host from church is a little bland...

After church we came back to the farm where we celebrated! Today is also his birthday so it is an extra special day for him. Now everyone has gone home and I have changed out of my Sunday clothes into my pajamas. We are going to have left over meat and buns for supper and some left over ice cream cake for dessert!

I am very thankful for all the wonderful gifts in my life--my incredible family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you and your son Tina!
    I am aways amazed at my children's faith and how they seem to so easily take it all in unquestioningly...kids are an awesome and wonderful gift from God!

    ReplyDelete