Sunday, April 12, 2009

One Fine Sunday





















I am sitting here in the house which is very quiet at the moment. All i can hear is the radio announcer and the clicking of my fingers typing. Dave took the boys four wheeling to the bush. We got our bush logged this year so there is a lot of tree tops down.









Later on this afternoon we are heading to Dave's parents for Easter Dinner. Dave's mother always cooks an awesome dinner with way too much food! I am bringing a salad and some homemade Brownies because I can never come empty handed!


Easter morning was exciting for the two younger boys. They still believe in the Easter Bunny and were thrilled with their basket off goodies. We have never gone overboard at Easter and wonder how it got turned into a Hallmark Holiday. I don't understand parents who buy their kids bicycles and high ticket items for Easter. As a kid I never got a new bicycle until I bought my own when I was 22 years old! I want to raise my children to appreciate what they have and not expect a new bike or a new video gaming system every holiday.



Church was jam packed this morning--standing room only and even that was over flowing! Next Sunday is Andrew's First Communion and his eighth birthday. He is not thrilled to be having his First Communion on his birthday but that is how it worked out. It is also nice because his best friend and neighbour who got baptised the same day as Andrew will be celebrating his First Communion as well. I will post pictures next week! It will be a special day for sure!




The boys are back from four wheeling covered with MUD--Even the big boy leading the pack...time to get the bath running for the five muddy boys.....

1 comment:

  1. Hey It's working! YEAH! It looks like you had a great day. I think you might need the pressure washer on those boys.... All five of them!!

    ReplyDelete