Monday, June 1, 2009

Spelling...or shall I say "Spellin"

I get annoyed by people who cannot spell. I got a note the other day from a guy I work with regarding one of my clients. The note said, "Deb will not be cuming in b'cuz she will be out of town."

Are you kidding me???

This kid is supposed to be a high school graduate!!!

All the texting between people, with short forms and slang does not encourage the use of proper English! How will they survive in the workplace if they can't write a simple sentence? Crazy...

Ok I feel better now! LOL

2 comments:

  1. They are way too used to spell checker on the computer. Once your kids hit high school you will find that teachers want typed assignments - NOT hand written. They learn a lot of slang (eg texting) and don't learn professionalism.
    *sigh* been fighting that for a few years - but they say thats the way the world is going.

    ReplyDelete